During the Warring States period, there was a man who wanted to go to the State of Chu.
战国时期,有个人想去南方的楚国。
He prepared a carriage and packed his belongings.
他准备了一辆马车,装满了行李。
He held the reins tightly and said, "Hurry up, let's go!"
他拉紧缰绳,对车夫说:“快点赶路!”
The driver whipped the horse, and the carriage started moving.
车夫驾着马车,开始向前走。
On the way, someone saw him and asked, "Where are you going?"
路上,有人看到,问他:“你要去哪儿?”
The man replied loudly, "I am going to Chu!"
他大声回答:“我要去楚国!”
The person looked at the direction of the carriage and said, "You are going the wrong way!"
那人看了看马车的方向,说:“你走错了!”
"Chu is in the south, but your carriage is heading north."
“楚国在南边,可你的马车正往北走。”
The man didn’t care and said, "It doesn't matter, my horse is fast!"
男子不以为然:“没关系,我的马跑得快!”
The person sighed and said, "But the faster you go, the farther you are from Chu."
那人叹了口气,说:“可你越快,离楚国越远。”
The man ignored him and told the driver to go even faster.
男子不听,继续让车夫快马加鞭。
He thought that as long as he moved quickly, he would reach Chu.
他觉得只要跑得快,就一定能到楚国。
But after a long time, he was still far from Chu.
结果,他走了很久,却离楚国越来越远。
He finally realized that he had taken the wrong direction.
他终于发现,自己走错了方向。
All his effort was wasted.
一切努力白费。
This story tells us that if we go in the wrong direction, no matter how hard we try, we will only get further from our goal!
这个故事告诉我们,如果方向错了,努力再多也没有用,反而会离目标更远!