树蜥阅读

小马王
The Story of Black Beauty

I was born in a meadow with soft grass and gentle breezes.
我出生在一片柔软青草和微风轻拂的草地上。

My mother, a wise and kind mare, taught me early lessons about the world.
我的母亲是一匹睿智而温柔的母马,她早早地教会了我一些人生道理。

“Always do your best,” she said, “and never be rough or lazy.”
“永远尽力而为,”她说道,“不要粗暴,也不要懒惰。”

My early days were happy. I ran freely, played with other foals, and grew strong.
我童年的日子非常快乐。我自由奔跑,与其他小马嬉戏,并逐渐强壮起来。

One day, my owner decided to sell me to a nearby estate where I was named Black Beauty.
有一天,我的主人决定将我卖到附近的一座庄园,在那里我被取名为“黑骏马”。

There, I was trained to wear a saddle, bridle, and pull carriages.
在庄园里,我接受了戴上马鞍、缰绳并拉车的训练。

My first master, Squire Gordon, was a kind man who treated me with respect.
我的第一任主人戈登爵士是一位善良的人,他对我非常尊重。

Under his care, I learned the importance of hard work and loyalty.
在他的照顾下,我学会了勤奋与忠诚的重要性。

But life soon changed when the family had to sell me due to financial struggles.
但生活很快发生了变化,因为这家人因经济困难不得不将我卖掉。

I was sold to a series of new owners.
我被卖给了好几个新主人。

Some were kind and treated me well, while others were cruel and careless.
有些主人善良,对我很好,但有些主人残忍且粗心。

One of the most difficult times was when I worked for a cab driver in a bustling city.
最艰难的时期是我在一位忙碌的城市马车夫手下工作的时候。

Long hours and heavy loads took a toll on my health, but I never gave up.
长时间的劳作和沉重的负担损害了我的健康,但我从未放弃。

I often saw the darker side of human nature, but I also encountered kindness.
我经常看到人性的黑暗面,但也遇到了善良的人们。

One day, I was bought by a kind farmer who took me to his countryside home.
一天,一位善良的农夫买下了我,将我带到他的乡村家园。

Under his care, I regained my strength and found peace once more.
在他的照料下,我恢复了健康,再次找到了宁静。

He recognized me as the horse he had known from his childhood, bringing a joyful reunion.
他认出了我,就是他童年时认识的那匹马,这带来了一个愉快的重逢。

My story, like many others, reflects the lives of animals dependent on human care.
我的故事,如同许多其他故事一样,反映了依赖人类照顾的动物的生活。

Though I experienced hardship, I also witnessed compassion, reminding everyone that kindness can change lives.
虽然我经历了艰难,但也见证了善良,这提醒所有人善意可以改变生命。

 

链接已复制